Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Easy DIY eyeshadow palette/ depot your eyeshadows

Hi!
I just tried making my own eyeshadow palette and ...I succeeded! Well, I'm happy with the result, at least.  Now I don't need to bring with me my big old ELF 32 eyeshadow palette when I travel. I love that my new palette is compact and can fit easily inside my makeup kit!
  It was so simple and it took me just a few minutes to make.

If you want to learn an easy way to create your own eyeshadow palette, continue reading the post :)

What I used>> Stainless Cardcase: Php85.00 @ Saizen (Daiso) // candle// lighter// double-sided tape// my old ELF 32 eyeshadow palette vol 2 ( mine's already broken )// needle (not shown in the picture above)

Place a candle under the eyeshadow you want to depot. This is going to warm up the glue under the pan of your eyeshadow.
After 10 seconds or so, using a pin, remove the pan from the palette. If you find that it's still hard to remove, continue heating the bottom of the palette. After detaching the pan from the palette, remove the glue from the bottom of the eyeshadow pan.
Sanitize the case that you're going to use as a palette. ( I used a Spray Sanitizer from Human <3 Nature)
Cut small pieces of double-sided tape and stick them on the bottom of the eyeshadow pans that you've depotted.
Arrange them however you want and stick them in place.
Voila!
(just for size comparison)


a few tips:
* don't use a pair of tweezers to depot the eyeshadow. you might break the eyeshadow. use a needle or a box-cutter, instead, to pry the pan from the palette.
*there are other cardcases available out there. I don't recommend buying the stainless one. I'm having issues with fingerprints!



Easy, huh? I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!:)

1 comment:

  1. great tutorial :)
    still looking for a case to depot my shadows into!
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete